Far Horizons Marketing Limited is incorporated in England (company registration number 06929346). Far Horizons Marketing is committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
This document sets out the basis on which any personal data we collect from you, or that you provide to us, will be processed by us. Please read the following carefully to understand our views and practices regarding your personal data and how we will treat it. For the purpose of the General Data Protection Regulation EU 2018 (the GDPR Act), the data controller is Far Horizons Marketing.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Name and job title
- Contact information including email address
- Demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- Internal record keeping.
- We may use the information to improve our products and services.
- We may periodically send promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
- From time to time, we may also use your information to contact you for market research purposes. We may contact you by email, phone or mail. We may use the information to customise the website according to your interests.
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users’ browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual.
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Disclosure of your information
We will not disclose your information to any third parties unless you have consented for us to do so.
Legal rights available to help manage your privacy
You have certain rights in relation to your personal information:
In order to exercise your rights, we may ask you for additional information to confirm your identity and for security purposes, in particular before disclosing personal information to you.
You can exercise your rights by emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by sending us a communication at Tottmoor, Shipton Oliffe, Cheltenham GL54 4JQ. Subject to legal and other permissible considerations, we will make every reasonable effort to honour your request within 30 days or inform you if we require further information in order to fulfil your request.
We may not always be able to fully address your request, for example, if it would impact the duty of confidentiality we owe to others, or if we are legally entitled to deal with the request in a different way.
Right to access personal information
You have a right to request that we provide you with a copy of your personal information that we hold and you have the right to be informed of: the source of your personal information; the purposes, legal basis and methods of processing; the data controller’s identity; and the businesses or categories of businesses to whom your personal information may be transferred.
Right to rectify or erase personal information
You have a right to request that we rectify inaccurate personal information. We may seek to verify the accuracy of the personal information before rectifying it.
You can also request that we erase your personal information in limited circumstances where:
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected; or
- you have withdrawn your consent (where the data processing was based on consent); or
- following a successful right to object ; or
- it has been processed unlawfully; or
- the personal information must be erased for compliance with a legal obligation under European Union or Member State law to which the we are subject.
We are not required to comply with your request to erase personal information if the processing of your personal information is necessary:
- for compliance with a legal obligation; or
- for the establishment, exercise or defence of legal claims.
Right to object to the processing (including direct marketing) of your personal information
You can object to any processing of your personal information which has our legitimate interests as its legal basis, if you believe your fundamental rights and freedoms outweigh our legitimate interests.
You can request that we stop contacting you for marketing purposes.
You can request that we not transfer your personal information to unaffiliated third parties for the purposes of direct marketing or any other purposes.
If you have joined our mailing list, you can manage your marketing preferences automatically by clicking the “unsubscribe” link that you will find at the bottom of our emails which you receive from us, or you can unsubscribe by contacting us at email@example.com.
Right to obtain a copy of personal information safeguards used for transfers outside your jurisdiction:
You can ask to obtain a copy of, or reference to, the safeguards under which your personal information is transferred outside of the European Union.
We may redact data transfer agreements to protect commercial terms.
Right to restrict the processing of your personal information
You can ask us to restrict your personal information, but only where:
- its accuracy is contested, to allow us to verify its accuracy; or
- the processing is unlawful, but you do not want it erased; or
- it is no longer needed for the purposes for which it was collected, but we still need it to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- you have exercised the right to object, and verification of overriding grounds is pending.
We can continue to use your personal information following a request for restriction, where:
- we have your consent; or
- to establish, exercise or defend legal claims; or
- to protect the rights of another natural or legal person.
You have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office if you have concerns about how we are processing your personal information.
If you have any concerns regarding data that we hold, please contact the Data Controller at Tottmoor, Shipton Oliffe, Cheltenham GL54 4JQ or firstname.lastname@example.org